ETCS Standards Manager - #1 OTM Contractor – Doncaster with Travel – up to £80,000 + Package
Embark on a transformative journey with the East Coast Digital Programme (ECDP), where we're revolutionising the railway industry through the deployment of the European Train Control System (ETCS). We're seeking an experienced ETCS Standards Manager to lead the development of train operational standards, serving as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the introduction of ETCS and contributing to the upskilling of train drivers within the industry.
About the Role:
As the ETCS Standards Manager, you'll be at the forefront of shaping the future of rail operations. From reviewing and updating Train Operations Procedures to ensuring compliance with statutory, contractual, and program requirements, you will play a pivotal role in introducing new technology and enhancing the skills of train drivers.
- Review and update Train Operations Procedures in line with company operating licenses, legislation, and Railway Industry Standards, including ETCS Requirements.
- Act as the 'Subject Matter Expert (SME)' within the ETCS programme.
- Ensure all ETCS deliverables meet statutory, contractual, and program requirements.
- Support Change Management during phases of transition in respect of train operations.
- Determine technical requirements in line with external regulations and standards, reflecting them in company documentation.
- Communicate and engage with employees, adopting a coaching & mentoring style to ensure operational procedures are understood.
- Interface with relevant stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, providing support across functions.
- Ensure team compliance with safety systems, procedures, and instructions in line with relevant standards.
- Attend all required ETCS meetings, providing updates to the team.
- Undertake On-Call duties as directed by the OTM plan.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties aligned with company needs and the wider ETCS program.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Previous experience as a driver/manager of OTM, Freight, or Passenger Trains.
- Demonstrable experience, including business change/project management in a related industry sector.
- Technical and operational subject matter expertise in rail operations.
- Previous experience in a Safety Standards management role within the industry.
- Good knowledge of legislation ROGS/HSE/Railway Standards.
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the business and externally.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Full UK driving license.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a real leader who invests heavily in their people, who also have an order book for work on frameworks for a minimum of 10 years. Apply today via the on-screen button or send a CV to Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation