E&P Principal Design Engineer
A large Tier 1 contractor have a fantastic opportunity for an E&P Principal Design Engineer to join a busy in-house design team in York working on several long-term frameworks with an E&P biased.
This contractor is a forward-thinking company who are rapidly growing and taking their valued employees up the ladder with them. They have been winning prestigious project portfolios with major clients and are always looking to support and mentor those within the company to reach their highest potential.
This will be a lead role within the team, responsible for the technical aspects of projects as well as programming, recourse allocation, budgetary control, managing customer satisfactions, reviews, coaching and recruitment. Day to day you will:
- Undertake Design RDE/CRE duties on Network Rail schemes.
- Solve engineering problems affectively and challenge the remit to develop engineering solutions and provide the client with the best solutions on all E&P projects.
- Manage and organise the E&P design team on the project requirements whether this be for site surveys, detailed design enabling effective design solutions, delivery, or implementation.
- Liaise regularly with Planners, Estimators, Procurement in order to provide the most effective solution whilst maintain technical requirements throughout the design process.
- Support the bid team/head of department in the preparation of technical, cost and programme information to support project/bids
- Identify process improvements within the engineering function and report these to the Head of Department for review
- Manage and chair formal engineering reviews internally and externally for the E&P team
- Participate in IDR and IDC meetings when required
- B the Technical Lead for E&P, produce quarterly standard briefs
- Minimum BEng/BSc Degree
- Chartered Member of a relevant Professional Body
- PTS competence in both AC and DC
- Proven track record working in a Principal E&P Design Engineer role within a railway environment
- Appreciation for other disciplines related to E&P; track, OLE, telecoms, Civils.
- Full working knowledge of relevant British standards (BS7671, 18th Edition wiring regulations, Railway Group standards, Network Rail standards and a preferred understanding of LUL standards)
- Full working knowledge of MicroStation, ProjectWise, Hevacomp, Amtech, DIALux and all relevant software packages.
£65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Company car or car allowance
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Health and Life insurance
Funding of professional memberships
3 x salary for death in service
If you’re a technical talented principal design engineer with substantial knowledge in E&P get in touch with Nicole keeling now on 07894 235 609 and send your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org