PTS Section Engineer
A reputable Tier 2 contractor have a fantastic opportunity for a Section Engineer within the rail industry. They’re a company that pride themselves on integrity and tackling complex projects with innovative people across various civil engineering sectors.
Section Engineer role responsibilities:
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties.
- Check drawings and quantities.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contractors engaged in the project.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Arrange testing of materials and keep a site diary.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Test and calibrate instruments used.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
You will have a proven track record of working on rail projects within a Site engineer or Section engineer role and you’ll demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Valid PTS essential
- CSR/SAFEPASS/CSCS Card beneficial
- First Aid at Work
- Salary of up to £42,000 dependant on experience
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday
Get in touch with Sasha Gillan now if you are interested in this opportunity on 07583 008 777 or email your CV to Sasha.Gillan@ganymedesolutions.co.uk
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website: