An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager within a large Tier 1 organisation within their £multimillion turnover rail division. Working on a new project within the area lasting approx. 5 years. This client has grown dramatically year on year widening it offering after winning multiple rail and infrastructure contracts.
As Design Manager you act as the gel between design consultants and site teams to drive design performance and ensuring all works are completed on time to the correct specification.
You will use your technical knowledge and ability to create and set standards of the highest quality to ensure collaborative working between all involved.
As Design Manager you will be responsible for:
- Advising on technical matters and providing solutions to project managers and directors This can include building works, signalling, Overhead line and M&E
- Advising on commercial alterations using you design function knowledge
- Establish designer and designer checker requirements and review suitability
- Complete, Submit and gain acceptance of proposal forms and resources
- Site inspections and audits
- Provide technical support and Guidance on project
- Attend all senior meetings and provide reports on all engineering and technical matters
Ideal Candidate will have:
- BEng within Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally Main Contractor Design Management experience
- Ideally multi-disciplined but will consider Rail Civils OR Systems experience (Track, civils, Signalling, OHLE, Building)
Up to £60,000, plus £6000 car allowance or Car
25 Days leave
Payment for Professional Memberships
47.5 HR week
If the above sounds like the ideal opportunity for you to break into a design role with a Principal Contractor, then get in touch with Sasha Gillan now on 07583008777 or email you CV to Sasha.firstname.lastname@example.org