Site Engineer – Highways
£35,000 per annum + Car (or allowance) + Excellent benefits package
“Are you a qualified, ambitious Site Engineer or Setting Out Engineer, who isn’t getting the development opportunities you crave? Or perhaps the complexity of the technical challenges you are currently encountering are not motivating you? If so this could be just the opportunity you have been waiting for, to work on some of the most high value, multi-disciplined Highways Infrastructure schemes in the UK”…
Our client is a leading contractor working across several sectors from construction and major Civil engineering projects. The role of Site Engineer sits within their Highways Infrastructure division, focusing on major multi-disciplined highways developments.
Having over 5000 employees with a turnover of over £2.5billion making our client one of the largest in its industry.
Their team is at the heart of everything this business does, and having placed a number of individuals with this client Ganymede has always received glowing feedback on the flexibility, autonomy and personal development this client offers!
Our client is looking for an ambitious Site Engineer to join their team on a Major Highways development projects. With flagship high value schemes across the UK the possibilities with this business are endless. As Site Engineer you will be predominately based on a major project in the East Midlands and part of a team that thrives on innovation and quality!
Reporting directly into the Senior Site Agent, as Site Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Setting out and engineering control
- Ensuring a safe environment throughout the site always
- Completing all relevant paperwork and maintaining quality to ensure all works are in accordance with inspection &test plans, also including diary sheets and attaching photographic evidence.
- Dealing with material reconciliations
- Updates and calibration of all surveying equipment
- Produce 2D & 3D site sketches
- Basic planning, monitoring and programming
- Assisting juniors and graduates as and when required
- Waste minimisation
- Ensure the safety and security of company equipment when on and off site
- A Qualification within Civil Engineering or relevant discipline (HNC, HND, BENG)
- Main contractor experience working on Infrastructure projects involving major earthworks or Structures, this could be from Highways itself or other industries such as Rail Infrastructure, Coastal Defence, Marine, Aviation or Water
As well as unlimited professional development opportunities this role is also offer a starting salary of up to £35,000 (appraised annually) Other company perks include:
- Car OR Car Allowance
- Health Care
- Market leading holiday allocation
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next opportunity, then this is your chance to get on board! Get in touch with Chris James at Ganymede on 01332861323 or alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org … I look forward to hearing from you!