£40,000 - £42,000 + Company car or car allowance
A main contractor who’s renowned for significant investment into their employees, are looking for a Site engineer to join their business and work on a large portfolio of rail projects throughout the Northern region. With an aim to create an exciting place to work whilst executing the job well, you can guarantee you’ll be joining an award-winning company which will provide you with a fulfilling career and a successful future.
This company have seen tremendous growth over the last few years, becoming one of the most recognisable contractors in the rail industry. Having earnt a status as a contractor who deliver work with the utmost speed and quality, you can guarantee you will be part of an environment which is abundant in success.
You will be joining a company committed to providing you with a self-development plan which will see your career mapped out up to CRE level. The first step in your role as Site engineer will see you working across the Yorkshire region on the LNE framework on a variety of rail civil engineering projects including platform extensions, station upgrades, bridges, Access for all schemes etc.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Get involved in the Planning, Estimating and Specifying of projects by providing support to Project Management teams in the assessment and production of programming and technical planning.
- Take responsibility during the construction, installation and testing on site to the Approved for Construction drawings, specification, QITP and QITP (quality inspection and test checks).
- Provide support to the Project management functions to produce site safety and technical / quality paperwork such as WPP’s, TBS, permits, QITP’s and checks for CRE approval.
- Support the Project engineers in development of site paperwork.
- Engage with the company’s career development and mentorship programme.
- Setting out site-to-site across the Yorkshire region.
For this position, the company is offering a basic salary of £40,000 to £42,000 per annum, the choice of a company car or car allowance, 26 days holiday + bank holidays with two optional charity days and the option to buy more holidays, funding and support with professional memberships, Pension, Life assurance and an Agile working policy.
It is essential that you’re a technically qualified Civil engineering professional with a solid understanding of site working environments and protocols. You will be someone keen to develop a long-term career in the rail industry and will be able to show good knowledge of Network Rail Standards and Governments. Experience in a rail environment within a main contractor would be beneficial and you will have a proven track record of experience setting out procedures and equipment (Leica Total station / Dual Grade lasers).
You can either apply directly or email your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org. Following your application shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone interview.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Ganymede specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.