“Your chance to work on an exciting long term project in the Somerset Area”
Established in 2005 our client is an electrical installation company that offer a full range of electrical installation services; Their capabilities include Civil Construction, EHV, HV, LV & fibre optic cable jointing, cable pulling &installation, and installation of all associated auxiliary equipment.
They cover a wide scope of projects including those on private and commercial networks, for the renewables energy market (both on & off shore), the over ground railway &London Underground and constructions industry.
Most recently the company have been bidding for Civil Engineering projects to complement their current service offerings and have been very successful in securing work. They have won an £8m new build substation project at Hinckley Point C. The substation is a large installation where 400kv overhead power lines or underground cables are switched and where electricity is transformed to 132kv for distribution to the surrounding area. The project includes Reinforced Concrete construction, steel frame buildings, and associated fit out. Drainage, Ducting, Earthworks, Internal access roads etc.
This is a Civil biased role. The Site Agent will report into the Project Manager who will have a site presence for approx. 2 to 3 days per week and the PM will largely be overseeing program and interface with the client. This Site Agent will therefore need to take lead on the project and be responsible for full delivery of the project, and heading up the in-place team of engineers, foremen, and support staff. The site Agent will ensure safe, efficient and high quality delivery of the scheme, and manage day to day activities as well as have a good understanding of working on an NEC contract to support the PM and QS.
The client wishes to see candidates that have experience on major civil engineering projects at a similar value (£5m+) ideally with experience in a substation environment (although not exclusively). The scope of works includes General Groundworks, Drainage. Ducting, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Fencing, Access Roads and a large Steel Building to house the substation. The client will consider candidates from varying backgrounds such as Water, Energy, Rail (not track), but they must be able to show experience of the construction elements required in the scope. The ideal candidate will largely have main contractor experience with elements of experience working with Sub Contractors.
The candidate must have a proven track record of successfully leading teams on large construction / civil projects, having previously held the role of site agent (or similarly titled site lead role)
The majority of the project will be through a self-delivery model utilising mainly agency staff along with some direct employees. This includes Concrete Work, Drainage and Ducting, and Earthworks. With fencing, steel, cladding packages let to subcontractors.
- Careful material / plant management to meet programme and financial restraints
- The HS&E culture on site to meet our stringent targets and expectations
- Planning and programming of all on and off-site activities
- Updating weekly of master programme with progress and highlighting any issues (programme is based on MS project)
- Adherence to Business Management Systems
- Ensuring a suitable level of customer engagement is maintained through our support services
- Budgetary control of all construction activities and close liaison with the commercial team
- Interaction with the commercial team to ensure Compensation Events identified early and evaluated in a timely manner
- Management of the design (in terms of drawing receipt and review – Client hold design responsibility)
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve section completion on time, to specification and within budget
- To programme works in conjunction with nominated contractor and provide short term and long term programmes as required
- Liaise with the design team to ensure the design deliverables are received in time for efficient delivery of the site works
- Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and programme, and instigating any necessary corrective actions
- Ensure high standard of QA records are maintained
- Ensure compliance with Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations. Ensure subcontractors comply with client standards
Don’t waste time if you think this is the one for you. With interview slots secured for week commencing 23rd March, you’ll need to be quick if you want one to have your name on it! Apply directly through the advert or send your CV straight to me on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like more information before applying, call us today on 07818411165 and ask for Emma Marshall.