Senior P6 Planning Engineer- Major Highways Infrastructure
Salary: From £65,000 plus Car or Allowance & excellent benefits package
“Are you a Senior Planning Engineer based in the East of the UK and growing tired of the long commute into London? Or perhaps you are looking for your next major technical programming challenge to get stuck into! If so, this could be the role for you, with guaranteed longevity in the Eastern region coupled with top job satisfaction!”
Using Primavera P6 software and your Civil Engineering Technical knowhow, you will be updating the Detailed Design Programme (Pre-Construction Schedule) along with designers in assurance of providing a robust and realistic schedule that reflects the risk and opportunity that could impact key project milestones. You will take this scheme from ‘cradle to grave’ and oversee the Construction programme on this flagship regional Highways scheme
Day to day you will –
- Review and develop the preferred construction sequence considering project wide constraints to confirm the duration in the overall scheme schedule
- Facilitate construction readiness planning
- Arrange, facilitate and provide output from client and supply chain collaborative planning sessions
- Cost load the schedule
- Generate Earned Value Analysis from the cost loaded schedule
- Monthly updating of the schedule and reports
- Update and analyse the schedule based on the effects of Compensation events or other events which may affect the programme
As well as traditional Programming you will use your Project delivery background to provide high quality ‘buildability’ advice to the Project Delivery team!
Due to the complexity of this scheme we are looking for a ‘Engineering Planner’, so if you began your career in project delivery (up to Agent/Project Manager level) making your way into a Planning career, you are the right calibre individual for this role. Although this is a major Highways scheme my client are open to considering candidates from Rail Infrastructure, Major Water schemes, Coastal Defence and any other ‘heavy civils’ related sector.
Tier one Contractor experience is preferable, due to the buildability impact on this role, but if you have worked between the Contractor and Consultant arena please don’t refrain from putting your ‘hat in the ring’
Other notable attributes:
- You will be an expert in programme production using Primavera software (P6)
- Be able to work collaboratively in a team as a good relationship with the delivery and commercial team will be vital
- HNC/HND/Degree in Civil Engineering
£65,000 per annum
Company Car or allowance
Professional development support, funding and opportunity!
All work-based travel and mileage reimbursed
Please note – due to the Covid-19 outbreak interviews will take place in video format using the relevant software.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next opportunity, then this is your chance to get on board! Get in touch with Chris James at Ganymede on 07787289268 or alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to Christopher.email@example.com … I look forward to hearing from you!