Sales Manager – Rail Freight Services
Attractive total reward package available
As a key part of our client’s growth plans over the next five years, Ganymede are recruiting for a strategic Sales Manager, who will be entrusted with developing existing multi-million pound client relationships and identifying new opportunities within complementary markets.
The UK rail sector is undergoing significant transformation and change, providing opportunity for those who innovate and collaborate as the country continues to respond to the challenges presented by the Covid 19 pandemic.
If you are looking for an organisation and role that will both value and challenge your commercial inventiveness in an environment that places ‘enjoyment’ at the heart of what they do, then continue reading.
The Sales Manager role has a nationwide remit, encouraging you to develop long term relationships with stakeholders in strategically significant markets.
The first role is focussed upon the clients provision of services and solutions to rail industry partners including testing and commissioning support, train movements and storage.
Your responsibilities will naturally include;
- Evaluating market trends and developing commercial proposals that reflect the developing demands of customers
- Cultivating relationships to ensure services provided deliver both profitable outcomes and value for money for customers
- Driving revenue generation through growth of existing relationships alongside the capture of new opportunities and customers
- Leading commercial negotiations to secure long term contracts
- Delivering winning bids through collaboration with colleagues and coordination of internal resources
- Arranging meetings with customers UK wide to ensure relationships are monitored and satisfaction guaranteed
- Meeting Sales forecasts and targets
This organisation has achieved its status as one of the fastest growth businesses within the rail sector through its focus on its people and their efforts to exceed the expectations of their customers.
The belief that to enjoy your work in a safe and secure environment is the critical aspect in this organisations delivery of operational excellence. An organisational structure free of layers of management ensures that all employees opinions are heard, valued and trusted within a friendly, supportive and family focussed environment.
Hard work and professionalism is a given, but you will be joining a business that understand this is best achieved where its teams are engaged and empowered in their roles.
Rewards and Benefits
An attractive total reward package is available comprising
- Generous remuneration
- Family healthcare
- Corporate discounts and cashback plans
- Company arranged social and family events
- Bonus scheme
Candidates for these positions are expected to have demonstrable experience in a customer development / account management capacity, working with senior stakeholders in identifying, capturing and delivering complex long term contracts.
This to include;
- Writing high quality commercial proposals
- Evidence of winning and growing large corporate accounts
- Securing new business opportunities
- Experience and confidence in networking
Being experienced in a customer facing role you will have outstanding negotiation and communication skills and be able to evidence your strategic sales approach towards client development.
You must be adept in managing your own activities to deliver sales targets, when under pressure.
Candidates with prior experience selling solutions within the UK Rail sector to large blue chip organisations will be preferred.
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity please press “APPLY” or send your CV to Natasha.Higgins@ganymedesolutions.co.uk or call Natasha on 07814 890 976.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.