Senior Quantity Surveyor - £50,000 + car or car allowance
Since the late 1980’s, this Tier 1 contractor have grown to be one of the largest privately owned infrastructure companies in the UK with regional offices across England & Scotland. They have grown into being one the most recognisable Tier 1 contractors on Network Rail supply chain and have been certified as Gold ROSPA with NR for the past 2 years for efficiency on plant and Engineering. Last year the rail business exceeded their projected turnover achieving £61million, which was a great result in the middle of a pandemic. They have a strong pipeline of projected works, having the CP6 IP frameworks for both Central and Anglia. Their rail framework division turn over upwards of £20million.
About the Role
Joining as a Senior Quantity , the role on offer is to work within the Geotechnical framework team. This is part of their successful framework business which also includes the Central portfolio. This contributes to almost half of the overall company turnover.
This company were chosen as the single supplier for Geotechnical works on the ECML so this role offers longevity of works. You will be given ownership over your own portfolio of projects (with support) working with the Operations team to running Framework schemes through their construction phase. Duties will include:
- Day to day they will provide Commercial information to the Projects team
- Process Subcontractor Payments
- Manage subcontractor accounts
- Produce Cost Plans
- Deal with the client on variation and change during project lifecycle
- Be responsible (with support) for producing and presenting their own CVR's (Cost Value reports)
- Oversee projects right through to Final Accounts stage/Settlements
- 3-5 years of postgrad experience with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor
- Rail experience would be beneficial however someone with an infrastructure/civil engineering background who has had exposure to NEC3 or NR forms of contract would succeed in this role
- Full driver’s license
- £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- 26 days holiday + 8 days Bank Holiday
- 39 hours pr week
- Additional benefits
How to Apply
If you tick all the above and are looking for your next opportunity, then get in touch with David Harper now, on 07566 292457 or email your CV over to email@example.com
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.