Quantity Surveyor - £48,000 + car or car allowance
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor to take the reins on their career progression.”
Since 1987 this Tier 1 contractor have grown to be one of the largest privately owned infrastructure companies in the UK with regional offices across England & Scotland. They have grown into being one the most recognisable Tier 1 contractors on Network Rail supply chain and have been certified as Gold ROSPA with NR for the past 2 years for efficiency on plant and Engineering. Last year the rail business exceeded their projected turnover achieving £61million, which was a great result in the middle of a pandemic. They have a strong pipeline of projected works, having the CP6 IP frameworks for both Central and Anglia. Their rail framework division turn over upwards of £20million.
About the Role
The successful Quantity Surveyor will work within the company’s successful framework team based in Birmingham, assisting on a portfolio of Network Rail Projects (and HS2 project in the future). You will report into a Senior QS who will provide support and mentorship as well as leadership. You will be given ownership over your own portfolio of projects (with support) working with the Operations team to running Framework schemes through their construction phase. Day to day you will
- Provide commercial information to the Projects team
- Process Subcontractor Payments
- Manage subcontractor accounts
- Produce Cost Plans
- Deal with the client on variation and change during project lifecycle
- Be responsible (with support if needed) for producing and presenting your own CVR's (Cost Value reports)
- Oversee projects right through to Final Accounts stage/Settlements
- Relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Experience working with Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractors
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor working towards promotion
- Firm understanding of NEC forms of contract
- Rail experience would be beneficial however strong civil engineering experience would suffice
So, what’s on offer? Along with a great opportunity, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £48,000 (based on experience) along with a company car or car allowance (depending on salary offered), 26 days holiday, pension contribution, health insurance, life assurance and more.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the position then please click apply or send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you are on the fence and want some more information please call me for a confidential chat on 07935 524351. The client are keen to get the right candidates started as soon as possible, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.