Project Manager – Highways
A Tier 1 contractor have an opportunity for a Project Manager to work on a large highways project in the East Anglia region. The project will consist of multi-disciplined Highways work so will require somebody with a significant Highways new build background who is seeking a brand-new project to work at all stages on.
This contractor has a substantial presence within the Highways industry and pride themselves on offering long term work prospects and the development of their employees.
You will be supporting the Project Director in over heading the project to successful conclusion, on time, budget and to specification. Day to day you will: -
- •Ensure CDM is applied and relevant legislation is complied with
•Embed a F.R.E.D.I.E Culture
•Interview, select and onboard staff in line with the resource profile for the framework;
•Ensure all pre-commencement and regulatory requirements are discharged prior to work commencing.
•Take ownership of risk & opportunities.
•Guide the Commercial Team to manage costs, and maximise cash flow and profitability, capturing any changes in scope.
•Take ownership for the delivery and quality of work to the required standards
•Manage the Construction Teams and Supply Chain partners to ensure delivery of the Scheme in line with the agreed Budget, Programme and Scope.
•Ensure adequate resource to fulfil the programme including the demobilisation and redeployment of the team at the end of the project.
•Ensure all internal and external reporting is completed as required.
•Manage, monitor and review direct reports and team performances, providing encouragement and discipline as and when required.
- As the project is still in its design stages, ECI involvement is key and experience in the Early Contractor Involvement is very beneficial
- HND/HNC or BSc Civil engineering essential
- You will come from a Tier 1 contractor working on medium to large scale Highways projects
- You will have a strong attitude to towards health and safety
- You will exhibit strong leaderships skills and high levels of people skills in order to communicate well with client
Up to £65,000 per annum
Company car or Car allowance
25 days + BH
If you’re a Project manager with large rails projects under your belt, this is the perfect opportunity for you, get in touch with Nicole Keeling on 07894 235 609 and email your CV to Nicole.email@example.com