Building Project Manager
£60,000 - £70,000 basic salary per annum + Car/Car allowance
Are you looking for an exciting challenge to get your teeth gripped into? Perhaps you have bigger visions for where you want to take your career? If you are an expert in all things Commercial Property, then there is an incredible opportunity awaiting you commencing on a prestigious rail project. With futures opportunities available to you such as heading up the entire region’s building packages across this main contractor’s rail portfolio.
As an internationally renowned contractor, this company’s name is recognisable throughout the engineering world and they’re reputed for successful work on large scale civil engineering and construction projects. They value themselves on giving employees the highest standard of ongoing training and support, continually developing skills with regular performance and development reviews.
Based in the rail division, this role will see somebody come in and take lead of all the building works involved, whether that is new station builds, facades, cladding, M&E works, fit outs, anything to do with a structure you will oversee. There is no need for any rail experience although you will find yourself picking up new knowledge of the sector on the way as your work will interface with rail disciplines.
Following completion of the first project, there is an abundance of work to get stuck into which will see you eventually stepping into Project Director roles for the West Midlands.
Day to day:
- You will effectively manage the building works whilst overseeing a multitude of Sub Contractor (both intercompany and multi trades).
- You will work in partnership with other typically rail related interfaces such as Civils, Signalling, P-Way, and OLE, all of which will be taking place around the Station building.
- You will manage a small team of a Building Agent, Senior Engineer and Foreman who will directly oversee Site Activities and Engineering.
- You will liaise directly with the client and designers as part of the senior management team.
- You will inspect all site paperwork (Method Statements, Work Package Plans, and task briefs).
- You will work with the Engineering team to advise the Design Consultants and flag up buildability issues.
- You will be responsible for the budget of your package and report back on an overall project review with the commercial team.
You will be somebody with a mass of experience heading up large construction projects. You will come from a main contractor background and will have experience on new build projects such as schools, hospitals, hotels, casinos, accommodation, stadiums, leisure complex’s, universities etc.
Although this role has no requirements for rail experience, some knowledge of Network rail contracts is always a bonus.
- HND, HNC, or Degree in Building or Construction.
- You will come from a technical background.
- Some rail experience/knowledge is desirable.
£60,000 - £70,000 basic salary per annum
Company car or car allowance
47.5 hours working week
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Full mentorship and support with chartership (MCIOB)
Health / Life insurance
If you’re looking to be a part of a large and exciting project and meet the above requirements, apply, or send your CV directly to Nicole.email@example.com
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Ganymede specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.