A dynamic and client focused contractor offering construction, building, cabling and electrical services to both heavy and light rail networks.
Established in the late 20th Century, they are located in the North West England and South West Scotland and operate throughout England, Scotland and Wales. Today the division is providing a wide range of services to many key clients with the industry.
They have comprehensive Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems and a proven track record of successfully delivering rail projects.
Joining the company as an experienced Project Manager, you will be responsible for two Site Managers, making sure they are tasked daily.
With the scheme being light rail, the core rail disciplines remain the same, but elements of the work will cut through busy high street environments.
Safety is the key objective of the PM’s operation, but alongside that other key duties will include-:
- Programming the works,
- Checking and reviewing work package plans, method statements, risk assessments
- Checking quality of works
- Regularly updating the client on progress, challenges, buildability issues etc
- Attending key project milestone meetings with the client
- Commercial responsibility working with a QS to ensure profit margins are maintained in coordination with the programme (not at the cost of safety and quality)
-Providing technical guidance for works
Experience of working on light rail projects is desirable
Experience of working of working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 rail contractor, managing civils elements S&T is a suitable background
A strong leader with a proven track record of this is key
£55,000 to ££60,000
21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday