ETCS Simulation Training Manager - #1 OTM Contractor – Doncaster with Travel – Circa £70,000 + Package
Join us on an exciting journey with the East Coast Digital Programme (ECDP), where we are transforming the railway industry through the deployment of the European Train Control System (ETCS). We're seeking an experienced Driver Training Manager/Assessor to lead the training design, assets, activities, and programs related to Simulators and Simulations, driving business change, engineering fitment, and ensuring a professional train driving operation.
About the Role:
As the ETCS Simulation Training Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our simulator and simulation assets meet business requirements and contribute to the successful implementation of ETCS. From developing training plans to conducting post-implementation reviews, you'll be at the forefront of ushering in a new era in railway operations.
- Lead the process to ensure simulator/simulation specifications meet overall business requirements.
- Manage ongoing simulator/simulation assets in accordance with requirements.
- Develop and implement training plans, scenario development, and assessment plans for train drivers and staff for ETCS infrastructure and operations.
- Create documentation to support all related simulator/simulation activities.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to embed applicable standards within the simulator/simulation framework.
- Evaluate resistance to change at the employee and process levels.
- Maintain documentation as required by the business.
- Support training and communication as part of change management.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews and engage with employees as needed.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Experience in a similar role within a rail, aerospace or construction-related industry.
- Understanding of Industry Standards relating to Train Driving.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and conditions.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the business and externally.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Full UK driving license.
Desirable qualifications and skills:
- Hold a valid and current European Train Driving License with a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Previous experience in a Trainer/Assessor role and knowledge of ETCS would be an advantage.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a real leader who invests heavily in their people, who also have an order book for work on frameworks for a minimum of 10 years. Apply today via the on-screen button or send a CV to Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation