Environmental Advisor (Ecology & Sustainability)
A firmly established Tier 1 contractor has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to join an experienced team of SHEQ professionals as part of their Environment and Sustainability team.
The client prides themselves on offering exceptional opportunities and succession paths for individuals looking to be a part of a growing rail and engineering business.
As an Environmental Advisor, you will be supporting business units, projects and contracts across the UK in all matters relating to environmental and social Sustainability. The role shall involve undertaking and reporting preliminary ecology surveys; technical sustainability and assurance support to operational and support staff; preparation and submission of environmental permits; assisting the Department in developing and delivering its corporate and client driven sustainability strategies; and, bid support. Day to day you will;
- Undertake and report preliminary ecology surveys of work sites and advise operational staff of appropriate mitigation and enhancement measures
- Undertake audits and inspections
- Support operational teams applying for environmental permits and consents
- Provide advice and assistance to the employees on sustainability and assurances issues in the South East region.
- Deliver sustainability training
- Support the SHEQ department in the development of internal systems and in pursuit of SHEQ strategy objectives
You’ll have a background in Ecology & Sustainability, where you’ll have provided advice on various conservational impacts such as Badgers, Newts, Foxes, Bats etc, to Tier One or Two Contractors working on infrastructure projects. You’ll also have working knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO14001 and Ideally hold an IEMA (institute of Environmental management)
- Bachelor’s degree essential
- Rail background would be beneficial
£40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Car or Car allowance
25 days holiday + BH
Contributory pension scheme
Health care and Life insurance