Our client, a leading provider of support services to UK military and government, requires a Contract Manager with a background in Catering and Soft FM for a post at the British Embassy in Mogadishu. Applicants will have at least 5 years experience in similar roles and be able to perform primarily as a Contract Manager, but also as a hands-on chef when required. Military or overseas experience is beneficial, however you must be a UK resident for security clearance and background checks.
Job Title: Contract Manager
Reports to Project Manager
Location: British Embassy Mogadishu, may be required to travel to other project locations on request of project manager.
Key Result Areas: Client and Customer Satisfaction in each Area and all aspects of Service delivery throughout the contract. Detailed, timely and accurate reporting.
Rotation: 10 & 3
- Rotational leave required to be flexible to the project requirements and may need changing with little notice in emergencies – flexibility required.
- For circumstances outside of company's control travel may be restricted, this could lead to either extended periods of time in-country or not being able to deploy e.g. COVID-19, security risks. How this is treated will be managed on a case by case basis.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the management, delivery and performance of all services on the respective contract. They report to the contract’s Project Manager who is based in the UK.
- Management and delivery of the contracted services
- Effective commercial performance of the contract.
- Client liaison through regular meetings and reporting.
- Compliance with the Health and Safety at Works Act and corporate HSE policies.
- Commitment of resources deployed to meet contractual requirements.
- Management, discipline and training of all staff.
- Management of all sub-contractors.
- Ensure all (UK) corporate and in-theatre policies are adhered to by all contract staff.
- Provide day to day management of all aspects of service delivery.
- Understand all of the reporting & accounting processes for each department providing assurance of accuracy in reporting
- Ensure no duties are being delivered outside the Scope of work, unless authorised by the Project Manager.
- Investigate faults and problems and advise on contract service delivery and related matters.
- Ensure all elements of the contract are performed in a commercially effective manner
- Provide the in-theatre interface to (UK) corporate office.
- Supervise and ensure all contract support work is managed financially within budget.
- Provide a 24/7 Customer Focal Point service to manage the operational needs of the Client.
- Maintain a close relationship with the client through regular meetings
- Prepare and provide routine and ad hoc management reports as required.
- Participate in the Management of Health and Safety; in particular undertake regular inspections of Sites and sub-contractors
- Manage all in theatre manpower aspects of the contract
- Manage staff leave rotations ensuring all tasks are covered at all times
- Ensure compliance with all FCPA and Bribery Act rules and regulations
- Possess strong cultural awareness with the ability to manage a diverse workforce in an open and fair way
- Rotational leave required to be flexible to the project requirements and may need changing with little notice in emergencies – flexibility required. To manage emergency gaps (e.g. sickness leave, compassionate) within the team rearranging of rotational leave without requirement for overtime.
- Manage implementation of a new Catering Reporting System
- Ensuring all reporting including stock reporting, P&L for shops etc., catering is accurate
- Completion of P&L for shops etc. reporting and control of petty cash accounts and reporting
- Covering for catering manager if required
- Wearing of body armour (jacket & helmet) may be necessary when carrying out all duties
- Other tasks as designated by the Contract Manager and/or Project Manager in support of the contract
- Ensure that the good name of the Contracting Entity is upheld at all times
- Ensure compliance with Contracting Entity COBC and ethics policy including all FCPA and Bribery Act rules and regulations
- Travel to various locations covered within the contract (e.g. Middle East/Africa) to cover emergencies as requested by the Project Manager
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in a senior catering management role and be a fully qualified Chef.
- Minimum qualified to food safety Level 4.
- Be highly motivated, strong, confident and articulate. Have good people skills and be a sound communicator.
- Have a proven track record in the management of a large team in a busy and demanding environment.
- Have a sound knowledge of all current HACCP legislation
- Be fully qualified and experienced with Current UK Food Safety policies.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have planning and organisational skills.
- Previous experience of working in remote and hostile environments
- Holds valid or able to get UK SC clearance
- Able to pass a medical as fit to work in a kitchen and in an austere environment
- Excellent written and verbal English language sills
Salary and Benefits:
- £4500-£4700 per month
- 3 weeks fully paid leave every 10 weeks spent on-site
- All travel, visas, accommodation, meals, laundry, uniform, etc. provided
- Medical and Life Insurance provided