£49,000 - £54,000 + Company car or car allowance
Are you an experienced Engineer who is looking for a unique position in the rail industry that will open doors for you beyond your traditional job role? This role is positioned uniquely in the market to see you act as a technical lead on civil engineering rail upgrades throughout the Peak district whilst also being mentored into CRE status. This position will not only expose you to a variety of disciplines within the rail industry but will also provide routes into either Project Management or Engineering Management depending on your desired goals!
Reporting into the Regional Engineering Manager, you will be taking responsibility for your assigned region of works which will consist of platform extensions, bridges, footbridges, and signalling improvements. You will act as technical support for the project teams whilst bringing innovation, challenge and construction methodologies/ideas to the design, development, and delivery process of schemes.
This position is ideal for somebody thorough on quality (ITP’s etc) and is looking to progress their career.
The key aspects of your role will involve:
- Carrying out detailed reviews and sign offs to company procedures as required, such as Quality Inspection and Test Plans (QITP), Permit to Dig, Permit to Load, Lessons Learnt etc.
- Providing support to Project Management teams in Planning, Estimating, Specifying.
- Acting as Senior Management and deputising where necessary to provide support in the resourcing, competency management and development of the Engineering Team to ensure capacity and capability across the work bank.
- Playing a key part in the technical support of your region by providing support to the Project Management functions to produce WPP’S, TBS, permits or QITP’s and checks for CRE approval.
- Acting as Temporary Works Coordinator where necessary.
- Once mentored to CRE, you will undertake relevant CRE duties where necessary.
- Developing, supporting, and training Site Engineers.
- Leading the quality assurance of components manufactured off site, including undertaking visits to manufactures to undertake quality assurance checks and vesting on materials.
As one of the UK’s fastest growing contractors, you can be assured to be joining a company saturated with success. Winning contractual awards and industry awards year upon year, the turnover in the business is ever increasing and thanking their employees with exceptional career opportunities and rewards is one of the ways they epitomize their values.
With divisions in both Rail and Construction, the company’s workload stretches across the UK and includes huge schemes for Network rail as well as an extensive portfolio of large civil engineering projects so you can be assured that you’ll always have a busy workload to get your teeth gripped into.
For this position, the company is offering a basic salary £49,000 to £54,000 per annum, the choice of a company car or car allowance, generous overtime rates, 26 days holiday + bank holidays with two optional charity days and the option to buy more holidays, funding and support with professional memberships, 4.5% matched pension rising to 7.5%, Life assurance and an Agile working policy.
On top of this generous package, you can expect to join a company that truly take extra care with their employees and have a proven track record of helping people climb the ladder.
It is essential that you’re a well-established Engineer who has supervised other Engineers work and all over quality! You will come from a Civil engineering background working in either the rail (preferred), highways, water, or coastal defence sectors and will be motivated to progress up the career ladder.
Whilst this is predominantly a Monday – Friday based position, you must be flexible to work 1 or 2 Saturday nights per month and nights/weekends on blockades which occur around three times a year.
You will be technically astute and will have worked your way up through a setting out route.
Must be able to commute to sites between Sheffield and Manchester.
You can either apply directly or email your CV to Nicole.email@example.com. Following your application shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone interview.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation