Salary £35,000 to £40,000
Car or car Allowance
Our client who are a Tier 1 contractor are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in the South West. Operating UK wide they have divisions within Construction, Rail and Infrastructure with a turnover of over a billion.
The Quantity Surveyor will sit within their Rail division working on a multitude of projects with a variety of clients. The works are predominately FM and minor building works on frameworks such as CP6.
The Quantity Surveyor will be operating within maintenance frameworks which will vary in value.
The key part of the role as Quantity Surveyor will be:
- liaising with commercial assistant and produce cost valuation reports for clients and senior commercial team
- Lead the commercial assistants, instructing them on task and effectively delegating workload to them
- Compile CVR’s and assist with presenting these
- Provide Biannual commercial reports to clients and Senior Commercial team
- Reporting into the managing Quantity Surveyor on a day to day basis the duties of the Quantity Surveyor can see them:
- Deal with regular amendments and work with the project teams to understand the engineering impacts of the changes
- Deal with early warning, cost management, change management and provide information for monthly CVR reviews
- Be involved with other areas of the project including design, site management and ‘programming’
- Deal with the procurement of sub-contractors
The Ideal Candidate
Must be qualified to either HNC, HND or Degree level
Minimum of 3 years industry experience
Experience working on multiple projects of low value high turnover
Background in Rail and/or construction is a MUST
Experience with NEC contract desired
Salary Up to £40,000
Company car or Car Allowance
25 days Holiday + bank holidays
If this sound like you and you would like to find out more or apply for the role, please call 01332 861344 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not got an update to date CV or need more info-drop me a call on 01332 861344/07583008777 or email email@example.com
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website:
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.