An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a £multimillion organisation within their highways department to work on a new project over the next 6 years. The project ranges from new dual carriageways, roundabouts, junction improvements and interchanges.
The role of Project Manager will suit someone looking to develop their career with a company who invests in its employees training and development.
As Project Manager you will support the Project Director in leading and guiding a major highways scheme to successful completion, on time, within budget and to project specification.
- Create a Safe working environment
- Ensure CDM is applied and relevant legislation is complied with Embed a F.R.E.D.I.E Culture
- Interview, select and onboard staff in line with the resource profile for the framework;
- Ensure all pre-commencement and regulatory requirements are discharged prior to work commencing.
- Take ownership of risk & opportunities
- Manage costs, and maximise cash flow and profitability, capturing any changes in scope.
- Ensure any incidents/accidents are thoroughly investigated, closed out and learnings implemented
- Take ownership for the delivery and quality of work
- Manage the Construction Teams and Supply Chain partners to ensure delivery of the Scheme in line with the agreed Budget, Programme and Scope.
- Ensure adequate resource to fulfil the programme including the demobilisation and redeployment of the team at the end of the project.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting is completed
- Manage, monitor and review direct reports and team performances, providing encouragement and discipline as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- As the project is still in its early design phase you will have experience with early contract involvement
- You Must be qualified to BEng in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- Must have Tier 1 experience working to large scale Highways projects
Salary up to £65,000
Company Car or Car Allowance up to £6000
25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday
42hr Working week
If the above sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then get in touch with Sasha Gillan now on 07583008777 or email you CV to Sasha.email@example.com