Graduate / Junior Engineer
Erith , Kent
“Are you a graduate with a degree /HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent then please read on”
Established in 2005 our client is an electrical installation company that offer a full range of electrical installation services; Their capabilities include Civil Construction, EHV, HV, LV & fibre optic cable jointing, cable pulling &installation, and installation of all associated auxiliary equipment.
They cover a wide scope of projects including those on private and commercial networks, for the renewables energy market (both on & off shore), the over ground railway &London Underground and constructions industry.
A close ambitious team they are now looking for a new team member who will enjoy the challenge of a very varied workload and the opportunity to contribute ideas and make an impact towards our continued success.
Working closely with the Business Manager, Commercial Manager and Bids Team, the Project Engineer has a varied role supporting the day-to-day operations of a small but growing engineering firm. The role supports the Directors, Projects teams, and the Bids & Development Team.
- Supporting all electrical installations up to 400kV, working with project teams for current contracts and supporting the Bids Manager on Research & Development for new proposals;
- Undertaking stand alone R&D projects as directed by Management and/or as proposed by yourself (alongside a Business Case to justify it)
- Reviewing project requirements and developing designs to technical specifications with project team, including calculations to substantiate the design;
- Documenting procedures and reporting on performance against targets internally and for the client, in adherence with client/our own best practice procedures, safety and site rules. This includes working closely with our HSEQ Coordinator and Project Managers;
- Documentation support – installation, commissioning and operating documents;
- Actively contribute to design review, safety review (Risk Assessment and HAZOPS) – for technical, financial and risk mitigation – developing contingency plans and ensuring the company’s policies relating to Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental management are implemented consistently;
- Assisting with project related and technical procurement – equipment (including repair versus replace analysis; quality control; health & safety) and resource (including need analysis requirements; supporting workforce management; providing technical advice to workforce including engineers, technicians and subcontractors);
- Working towards gaining a commercial understanding of projects and assisting with compilation of Application for payments
- Provide Technical Support to the Project Managers and Bids Team.
- Reviewing Electrical and Fibre Optic Testing Procedures, Equipment and assist with compiling Results and Reports
- Setup and update Project expense logs
- Provide administrative and technical support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Provide support to the PM, Management team, Stores and Directors.
- When required assist with the management of all on going accreditation and certification requirements.
- Providing absence cover and workload support to other administrative and site functions including Project Management Office, Finance, Procurement, Stores and HR functions.
The client wishes to see candidates that have
- Office administration experience and knowledge of standard office procedures, demonstrating good time management and prioritisation skills;
- Advanced level of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills;
- Good attention detail to identify and recommend changes;
- Good vocabulary and grammar. Understands, complies with and contributes to quality standards and processes.
- Recognises and communicates the benefit of good health, safety and wellbeing to maintain professionalism on behalf of H&A.
- Degree/HNC in Electrical/High Voltage Engineering or equivalent;
- Hold valid manual driving license.
- Microsoft Project
Don’t waste time if you think this is the one for you! Apply directly through the advert or send your CV straight to me on firstname.lastname@example.org