Estimator – Structures
I have a fast-growing Steel structures company in the Midlands with an exciting opportunity for an estimator to join their team.
The company began as a steel fabricator, constructing frames for major clients like Experian, Nottingham Trent University and Tesco. In early 2007, they diversified, moving into the engineered timber industry which saw their business grow rapidly. They began building a number of supermarkets for environmentally conscious retailers and continue to look for ways to lower construction costs, wastage, emissions and time.
As an Estimator you will be required to deal with all pre-contract tenders. As a team they work out which tenders to bid on and which to leave alone so you will be required to hit the ground running using your skills and knowledge. Your day to day responsibilities include-:
• Finding out what the client wants.
• Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
• Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
• Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
• Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
• Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
• Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
- BTEC/NVQ in construction or relevant subject
- Construction background is essential
- You will have a proven track record working with steel or timber structures
- You will be confident and able in working autonomously to ensure you hit the ground running
Basic salary circa £30k
25 days holiday + BH
Early finish on a Friday
Life assurance included
If you fit the above criteria and are looking for your next opportunity, make sure you don’t miss out and get in touch with Nicole keeling now on 07894 235 609 or email your CV to Nicole.email@example.com