A Tier 1 renowned Civils and Rail specialist has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Site Agent to join their lively and fast paced unit and work on various Rail and heavy Civils projects in Northamptonshire and Northern home counties.
This would be the ideal company to join for somebody looking for a clear route up their career ladder as providing clear succession paths and support with careers is very important to the business.
You will predominantly be working on multi-disciplinary rail projects. These will include all aspects of general civils work such as; Bridge refurbishment and renewals, embankments, stations, bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms, access for all and footbridge installations), platform re-gauging and platform extensions. Day to day you will: -
- Ensure delivery of the contract is within programme and budget
- Liaise with site staff and managing surveyor to make sure tender allowances are not exceeded
- Continuously monitor contract progress to ensure objectives are being met
- Provide formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager
- In conjunction with the site team, ensure changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
It is essential that you have a proven track record working on rail civils projects and can display understanding of all aspects of the contracting process and technical building requirements.
- Must be able to establish strong working relationships and be a team player as well as displaying use of initiative and making independent decisions well.
- You must be IT literate in MS Office applications
- PTS / SMSTS essential
- Qualification in Civil Engineering: HNC/HND, Degree or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role
Competitive salary up to 55k
Company car or Car allowance
25 days holiday + BH
Support with professional memberships
If you’re a sub/site agent based around the Northern home counties and have prolific rail experience, get in touch with Nicole keeling now on 07894 235 609 or send your CV to Nicole.email@example.com