Senior Site Agent
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum + company car/car allowance + discretionary bonus
Are you a Site Agent looking to join a company with a workload on some of the most exciting construction projects in the UK? Perhaps you’re looking for a role in a successful business which can not only guarantee you long-term work, but a fantastic platform to continuously progress your career and maximise your full potential?
This Tier 1 giant have an urgent requirement for a Senior Site agent to join their Highways division and work on a prestigious project within their Eastern region. With their annual turnover reaching the billions, and their portfolio boasting projects valued in the hundreds of millions, you can be confident that this position will keep you moving at a fast pace and will bring out the best of your talents as a motivated leader and strategic thinker.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this post commences of a huge Highways Project and will see you full take responsibility for the management of your section of works. You will act as a leading figurehead, taking ownership of the delivery and costs for your assigned section of work whilst supervising and monitoring the site teams and supply chain to ensure a harmonious execution of works.
What is expected of you as Senior Site Agent?
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Permits to Work systems, site inductions and safety briefings are correctly carried out.
- You will work with the Senior Project Manager and Commercial teams to ensure robust budget and Total of Prices submission are prepared, submitted, and agreed with client teams to secure Notice to Proceed to construction.
- Plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff and operative levels to effectively undertake current and prospective workloads
- Effectively lead and manage direct reports, ensuring appropriate competence is maintained, including annual PDR’s.
- Understand any temporary works requirements and undertake value engineering solutions.
- Together with the contracts manager, make initial contacts with clients after contract awarded and participate in external pre-start meetings.
- You will manage and review direct reports and your team’s performance.
- Work with the Project Planner to manage the medium-term plan and contract programme updates
- You will manage the Construction Teams and Supply Chain partners to ensure delivery of the Section in line with the agreed contract requirements.
- Implement strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
- Undertake the role of the site safety supervisor and actively maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statues and in accordance with the company’s safety policies
Priding themselves on being a people-orientated, driven business, this company have positioned themselves within the infrastructure market as one of the industry’s largest principal contractors, with an immense turnover in the billions. Boasting numerous awards and prestigious projects in their portfolio, this business works with big clients delivering some of the most exciting construction and highways projects in the country. You can guarantee when joining this company, you’ll reap the rewards of its successes through benefits and fantastic progression opportunities.
Reward and renumeration:
This role comes with a fantastic basic salary circa £55,000 - £60,000 per annum, car or a car allowance, a generous pension scheme, annual bonus, 28 days holiday + bank holidays, health insurance, life assurance and two charity leave days.
On top of the package, you can expect to be a part of some of the UK’s largest infrastructure projects the Highways industry has to offer, and you can feel secure knowing you will be joining a company committed to Agile working, ensuring you will have the freedom and flexibility to achieve the ideal work/home life balance.
Due to the nature of the schemes, it is a given that you’ll have an impressive background working on large scale, new build civil engineering projects – Ideally valued above £40 million. It is essential that you’re a technically qualified, established Site agent or Senior Site agent with experience in a main contractor environment working throughout the entire project. These are large packages which will see you working across a multitude of disciplines so a multi-disciplinary background in heavy civil engineering works in essential. You will be able to display strong knowledge of CDM 15, NEC and be commercial astute.
- HNC/BSc/HND essential.
- CSCS essential.
This is an urgent requirement so you can expect to get the ball moving very fast once we’ve established, you’d be a great match! Interviews will be kicking off over the next few weeks and to ensure you’re ahead of the game, apply directly or send your CV over to Nicole.email@example.com where you will be contacted for an initial chat.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation