SQS – Retail Fit Out
£300 – £400 per day (OUTSIDE IR35)
Hybrid Working (1-2 days in Office and site visits as required)
Immediate start available
“A great opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be involved in Retail Fit Out projects and develop their Commercial Knowledge”
Ganymede are working closely with a Specialist contractor in the UK, who specialise in Retail Fit Out’s - based in West Yorkshire. This role would be under a hybrid working arrangement. The successful candidate would be responsible for looking after refit schemes across different work streams ranging from short projects around 1 weeks up to larger projects around 6 months. The value of projects will also range from tens of thousands to circa £6million.
They would be responsible for everything from the commencement to the completion of projects including measuring, scoping, and tendering the works at inception, managing, and reporting of the works throughout dealing with both subcontractors and clients and final accounting all works upon completion.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Attendance to scoping/survey meetings
- Liaison with Client Project Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager
- Subcontractor enquiries
- Subcontractor cost analysis
- Provide support to Managing QS/Commercial Manager
- Placing of Subcontractor orders
- Provide support to delivery teams
- Preparing budget costings, bills of quantities
- Preparing and sending out Subcontract packages
- Evaluation and levelling of Subcontractor quotations
- Capable of managing several projects at one time
- Commercial reporting
- Undertaking valuations
- Prepare/submit final accounts
- Arranging payments to Subcontractors
- Cash flow forecasting
- Final accounting
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this fantastic Quantity Surveying opportunity, you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years spent in a similar capacity within the construction industry, ideally with a main contractor or fit out contractor.
- Good sound knowledge of commercial and construction contracts in particular JCT contractual arrangements.
- Commercial reporting.
- Good knowledge of construction methods, and materials.
- Take off ability from drawings.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you think you are the perfect Senior Quantity Surveyor for this position, then give me a call today on 07816 865296 to secure your interview or send your CV over to me at email@example.com
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website. By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation