Senior Quantity Surveyor - £60,000 + car or car allowance
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to take the reins on their career progression.”
Since 1987 this Tier 1 contractor have grown to be one of the largest privately owned infrastructure companies in the UK with regional offices across England & Scotland. They have grown into being one the most recognisable Tier 1 contractors on Network Rail supply chain and have been certified as Gold ROSPA with NR for the past 2 years for efficiency on plant and Engineering. Last year the rail business exceeded their projected turnover achieving £61million, which was a great result in the middle of a pandemic. They have a strong pipeline of projected works, having the CP6 IP frameworks for both Central and Anglia. Their rail framework division turn over upwards of £20million.
About the Role
Joining the company as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, reporting into the Commercial Manager, you will work in part of a successful framework team based in Birmingham, overseeing a portfolio of Network Rail Projects (and HS2 project in the future). This framework gives them a pipeline of work on bridges, earthworks and structures in the NR Central region which stretches from Birmingham across to Derby/Leicester and down to Buckinghamshire. This office are also in an exciting phase of tendering for HS2 works for compound construction and specialist rail works. Your duties will include:
- Leading the commercial management of multiple sites on time and to budget.
- Pricing and ensuring estimates are submitted accurately and on time,
- Resolving pricing issues with clients
- Client Liaison
- Liaison with Site Managers to collate information on day to day remits,
- Subcontractor management
- Change management and early warnings
- Contract administration (NEC/NR forms of contract)
- CVR’s (Cost Value Reports)
- Final accounting
- Relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Experience working with Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractors
- Experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor working towards promotion
- Firm understanding of NEC forms of contract
- Rail experience would be beneficial however strong civil engineering experience would suffice
So, what’s on offer? Along with a great opportunity, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £60,000 (based on experience) along with a company car or car allowance (depending on salary offered), pension contribution, health insurance, life assurance and more.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the position then please click apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you are on the fence and want some more information please call me for a confidential chat on 07935 524351. The client are keen to get the right candidates started as soon as possible, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.