Senior Project Manager
A great opportunity has come up for a Senior Project Manager to take lead of a portfolio of projects throughout the South East within a reputable Tier 1 company. They’re looking for a quick thinker who has vast rail experience to grow with their company and manage multiple small projects at once.
You will be overseeing the execution of a high volume of lower value civil projects, whilst also bidding for future works in the South east. As Senior Project Manager, you will be accountable for a team of Site Managers, Supervisors and commercial staff.
You will be directly responsible for overseeing the growth the company is planning throughout the South East whilst developing positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract/region. Day to day you will:
•Monitor expenditure and such items as work carried out against an estimate originally prepared in order to ensure the work is within the contract or may form a separate claim constantly liaising with the Commercial Dept & Regional Manager on such subjects.
• The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to AmcoGiffen Management Team and Client.
• The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate. Prepare early warning and change instruction documentation.
• Check the documents in use are current, readily available to those requiring them and stored securely.
• Assess the standard of all proposed installation work associated within the project, undertaking inspections and preparing full reports, where required and submitting these to the Senior Contracts Manager or including the contents within an appropriate programme of works.
• Liaise with stakeholders, commercial & planning teams.
Due to the fast pace of the role, you will naturally be a quick thinker and pragmatic under pressure. You will have spent most of your career working within the rail industry and will have previously worked managing numerous smaller scale civil projects.
- HND/HNC/BSc in Civil engineering or building
- CRE desirable
- Proven track record of running Network rail Civils and building schemes as a PM or SPM within a contractor environment is essential
£65,000 - £75,000 annual salary
Company car or Car allowance circa £6,000
Clear succession plan up to Contracts manager role
Mentorship and support with professional memberships and qualifications
39 hour working week
25 days + BH
If you’re an established PM/SPM in the rail industry ready to take over the South east in your next opportunity then get in touch with Nicole keeling now on 07894 235 609 or email your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org