Senior M&E Estimator
Full Time 39 hours
Up to £70,000 per annum (depending on experience)
The purpose of the role as Senior M&E Estimator is to develop and price commercially viable, competitive & cost effective tenders to meet the identified client needs.
The key tasks and responsibilities of your role will include but not be limited to:
- Check Tender Information for completeness and raise potential areas of concern.
- Produce quantity take-offs from tender information/drawings using either traditional methods or Causeway/similar software.
- Regularly back-up/save work, in a secure manner, to ensure no data loss.
- Preparation, using agreed company format, of Sub-contractors & Material enquiry documentation.
- Advise on any companies/suppliers who should or should not receive the enquiry.
- Analysis of Sub-Contractors, supplier and merchant quotations.
- Analysis of benchmark data from historic projects/norms against the first principles tender build ups where possible.
- Discuss and agree resourcing and works outputs with Planner, Bid Manager and delivery team working on the tender.
- Attend internal Bid Team meetings as required.
- Work closely with the other functions in the department to develop and implement bid winning strategies from early in the tender process.
- Support the bid team by producing methodologies for delivering the works.
- Liaise and work with the tender planner to ensure tender programme meets or exceeds the client’s programme/aspirations.
- Preparation of tender/price using “first principal” estimating process.
- Check pricing of works by others independently when asked to do so.
- Ensure all tender pricing (take offs and tender book) is checked by at minimum the Senior Estimator/Estimating Manager or Bid Manager prior to tender settlement meetings taking place and likewise that any completed pricing documents are checked in the same way prior to tender submissions of any pricing documents.
- Liaising with Sub-contractors, suppliers and merchants.
- Participate in determining the level of risk associated with the project, identifying mitigating action to be taken.
- Produce a clear & understandable tender book/pricing document for internal adjudication/settlement.
- Preparation of client’s tender pricing document(s) for submission. Ensuring tender/price is presented to clients accurately and coherently, and to the commensurate level of detail required.
- Prepare submission for final commercial review by team with senior staff members.
- Assist in compiling Client Post Tender clarification responses in a timely manner.
- Handover to commercial team on successful bids.
- Input into the post tender analysis process.
- Provide support, mentoring & guidance to Estimators, Assistant Estimators and anyone else within the department who may require such support, mentoring & guidance.
The business is currently expanding and growing at a fast pace and deliver to the civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance markets that are underpinned by a suite of framework contracts.
Our client has a clear corporate focus on the renewal and maintenance of key assets across rail, energy, environmental and infrastructure, including bridge replacement schemes, embankment stabilisations, earthworks, bridge repair, vegetation, and tunnels, both as large schemes and in a small works capacity.
Our client is looking for a Senior M&E Estimator with previous experiences of running multiple infrastructure projects, would consider candidate from other civil background such as water treatment, and power station but rail experience would be desirable. Throughout your application you must be able to show times where you have been handling multiple projects at once.
- Car or Car allowance up to the value of £5,100.
- 25 days annual leave
- Healthcare Package provided
- Pension scheme, including 5% company contribution.
What are the next steps?
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role please forward your CV in the first instance with a covering letter to Jessica Jackson at Ganymede Solution Jessicafirstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the reference number 12095132JJ.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please feel free to Contact Jessica on 07814 891201.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation