Senior Health & Safety Manager
Up to £61,000 per annum + 10% bonus
Looking for a role where you know you’ll have the ability to progress with support from the organisation? Then please read on!
We are working on behalf of our client that is a global organisation, and has divisions within a range of sectors, including Medical, Energy, Rail Engineering and Infrastructure. They strive to provide cutting edge technology to the UK’s Rail network!
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll be an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, within the Rail Engineering / Manufacturing sector. Being a key people manager, you’ll provide leadership, strategic planning advice and EHS governance across the organisation and integrate policies within projects and work closely with teams across the UK concerning their safety strategy. You’ll be strategic with your approach ensuring your team are achieving their goals and targets.
About the role
You will report into the Head of HSE and lead a team of three Health, Safety and Environmental Advisors to ensure effective operational control and implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental related processes for the manufacturing business. You will also contribute to setting of local EHS-related targets and provide support to managers in meeting those targets. An important role will also be to contribute to raising the business EHS profile internally amongst staff, the wider business and with external stakeholders.
You will be a natural leader, with a strong background with Health, Safety, Environmental and Security Manager, ideally from the manufacturing or rail sector. You'll be highly organised within you approach to strategically plan H&S policy integration.
- Diploma / Degree level qualification in Occupational Safety & Health
- IEMA Certificate preferred
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) or progressing
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / manufacturing environment, with management experience
- Ability to prepare written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures, etc.
- Experience and working knowledge of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
- Excellent understanding of EHS processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Positive leadership, Coaching and Influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills with external stakeholders.
- Continuous improvement knowledge / experience. Inc tools and techniques.
Salary up to £61,000 per annum DOE, 10% bonus, Matched pension to 10%, Flexible benefits, 26 days holiday + BH
Please submit your cv to Natasha.Higgins@ganymedesolutions.co.uk or by clicking the “Apply Now” button below, or if you’ll like to know more please call 0203 861 8414 or 07814 890 976