An internationally renowned main contractor has an incredible opportunity for a Senior Engineer to work on a prestigious civils rail project with guaranteed work afterwards.
Having already made their mark in several regions nationwide, the company are now expanding their workload into the West Midlands region which will see employees have exceptional career paths laid out in front of them.
As Senior engineer, you will support the Site Manager and deputise for short periods when they are not available. You will be working on a multi-disciplinary, large rail scheme which will consist of structures, new platforms, S&T, OHLE, P-way and civils. Day to day your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing high standards of safety, quality and environmental including method statement briefings, site specific inductions and associated paperwork.
- Record any service damage.
- Produce and monitor detailed contract programmes in line with Planning Standards.
- Exhibit good knowledge of construction outputs.
- Writing and/or reviewing detailed complex method statements.
- Managing parts of the cost plan.
- Deputising for the Site Manager.
- Chairing meetings with the Customer, Designer, Sub-contractor, Supplier, and 3rd parties.
- Manage and write contractual letters/correspondence.
- Setting up and managing the office administration systems.
- Ordering and managing the installing of the site IT systems.
It is essential that you have a significant track record working on Rail/Civil engineering projects involving new station builds, bridges and major civils in a Tier 1 contracting environment.
You must also have an HND/HND or Degree in Civil engineering.
up to £45,000 basic salary per annum
Company car or car allowance
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Funding and mentorship with professional memberships/chartership