£50,000 to £65,000 plus package
Founded in the 1970's, my client offers an end-to-end approach to the management of its client’s telecoms assets. They take pride in their approach to work and still hold a family feel about the business, with the sole aim of being the leading solutions provider for the telecom network operators and service providers.
With over 4000 customers worldwide, including some well-known names such as O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone etc they deliver maximum residual value while utilizing its environmental systems. The kinds of technology they specialise includes DAS (distributed antenna systems), Centralised Radio Access Networks (CRAN), Mobile Telephone Switching Office (MTSO) and 5G.
The two core offerings of this company are the Marketplace and Services. Within the Marketplace they supply equipment, asset manage and provide technical service, as part of the services division they install and deploy, maintain and decommission.
About the Role
Are you being held back at your current company and missing on the type of opportunity you crave? Well, if you are an established Quantity Surveyor and you want to join a company to make a real difference to the commercial function, then this is the role for you!! The position is home based with the occasional visit to site and the office near Sutton Coldfield. The company are thriving, and they are in need of a Quantity Surveyor to manage the commercial aspects of each site under the relevant contract. Additional daily duties include-:
- Manage the commercial aspects of each site / project through commercial control of sites works under contracts
- Value work executed and certify interim and final payments
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations
- To control the preparation and settlement of Project Final Accounts
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks, implementing the company’s policies for risk management
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to contracts which includes the production and submission of valuation certification, drafting and issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Coach/develop and mentor peers through commercial and contractual process
- Assist in the monthly measurement of supplier KPI's and reporting
- Provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at site and project levels including progress in relation to the programme schedule
- Provide commercial information from projects to enable estimation at programme level to occur
- Preparation of cost/value reporting
- First line Project Debt chasing and cash management
- Lead alongside the Procurement Director, subcontract negotiations and Procurement management of matrix of preferred suppliers and vendors
- Document any Delays or Disruption to the works, Manage and Negotiate Contractual Claims and disputes, including Extensions of Time and Prolongation
The Ideal Candidate
- Telecom’s experience into network operators / providers (essential)
- Familiar with cost management, claims and preparing final accounts (essential)
- Relevant qualification (desirable)
- Experience of multiple forms of contract (desirable)
Salary £50,000 to £65,000 plus package
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the position, then please click apply or send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you want to get more information please call me on 07566 292457.