Quantity Surveyor – up to £65,000 (depending on experience)
“An incredible opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to put their stamp on one of the UK’s leading telecoms solutions providers”.
About the Company
Founded in 1979, this family led business is quickly becoming one of the leading solutions providers for telecom network operators and service providers. The company was taken over in 2015 and since then the business has committed to building a global capability and are now operating in the EMEA and US with offices and facilities in Canada, the United States, France, and Singapore. They work with some of the world’s largest network operators including O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone, BellSouth, Bell Canada and many more. The company has more than 4000 customers around the globe who rely on its high quality, fully tested, and warranted network infrastructure equipment for all their expansion and spares needs. The company offers an end-to-end approach to the management of its clients' telecoms assets. It delivers maximum residual value while utilizing its environmental systems and expertise to protect its client's corporate reputations and hard-earned brand images.
About the Role
In the last 12-months, the company has grown their turnover from £23m to £33m, which all things considered is an incredible achievement. Due to this growth, they are looking to bring in an experienced Quantity Surveyor to assist with the entire commercial cycle. Whilst the role is advertised in Tamworth, the role itself is largely home-based. Visits to the offices in Tamworth and to various sites are required but won’t be part of your everyday role. Additionally, this role will oversee and mentor 1 direct report (a Final Accounts Analyst) who is currently responsible for the data manipulation and accounts - she wants to develop so needs someone with a desire to lead. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the commercial aspects of each site / project through commercial control of sites works under contracts
- Value work executed and certify interim and final payments
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations
- To control the preparation and settlement of Project Final Accounts
- Assess, review, and mitigate commercial and contractual risks, implementing the company’s policies for risk management
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to contracts which includes the production and submission of valuation certification, drafting and issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Coach/develop and mentor peers through commercial and contractual process
- Assist in the monthly measurement of supplier KPI's and reporting
- Provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at site and project levels including progress in relation to the programme schedule
- Provide commercial information from projects to enable estimation at programme level to occur
- Preparation of cost/value reporting
- First line Project Debt chasing and cash management
- Lead alongside the Procurement Director, Sub Contract negotiations and Procurement management of matrix of preferred suppliers and vendors
- Document any Delays or Disruption to the works, Manage and Negotiate Contractual Claims and disputes, including Extensions of Time and Prolongation
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor (Essential)
- Telecoms Experience supplying into network operators/providers (Essential)
- Experience of Radio Access Networks and associated infrastructure i.e., towers/masts (Essential)
- Someone with character that will come in and contribute (Essential)
- Someone who can articulate the value they will bring to the business (Essential)
- Familiar with cost management and claims, preparing final accounts (Essential)
- Generous salary of up to £65,000 (based on experience)
- Pension contribution
- Competitive annual leave policy
- Remote role
How to Apply
If you meet the essential criteria above and are interested in the position then please click apply or send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you are on the fence and want some more information please call me for a confidential chat on 07935 524351. The client are keen to get the right candidate started as soon as possible, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.