Quantity Surveyor - £35k+ depending on experience.
Leicestershire (near Castle Donington)
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to get on board with an established team on a brand new Highways England JV.”
About the Company
Here is an opportunity to join an experienced team on a brand new joint venture between 2 up-and-coming contractors in the Derbyshire/Birmingham area who have won a place on a Highways England framework. The JV has a firm supply arrangement from guaranteeing supply, as well as supply agreements from other national asphalt firms. They are looking to broaden their experienced team with a highly skilled Quantity Surveyor.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity to join an established team in a new JV, the team itself has the framework manager, accountant, and a contracts manager. They are looking for a team orientated Quantity Surveyor who wants to be part of the team and be with them to watch the team grow, attention to detail and high level of accuracy is key to this role.
- Liaising with highways England on a regular basis for upcoming schemes and frameworks.
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Asset capitalization.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Assessing the additional costs of design variations, and providing substantiation
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working with Highways England either directly or as a client
- Local to Castle Donington
- Familiar with CMAR and Bravo
- Someone with a great personality!
Split between the office and home working, this role comes with a competitive package of £35k+ (depending on experience) alongside; car allowance or company car, 25 days holiday, 5% matched pension, life assurance and an opportunity down the line to join the shares scheme.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the position then please click apply or send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you are on the fence and want some more information please call me for a confidential chat on 07935 524351. The client are keen to get the right candidates started before Christmas, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.