Project Manager, Manchester
I have a well-known Tier 2 Rail contractor seeking a project manager in Manchester to work on light rail projects whilst taking advantage of the exciting progression opportunities.
Working on the largest scheme in the client’s portfolio, you will be in charge of two Site Managers working across the light rail scheme. The core rail disciplines will remain the same, but this project would include elements of working cutting through busy high street environments. Day to day you will: -
- Actively promoting a safe working environment
- Programming the works
- Checking and reviewing work package plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Regularly updating the client on progress, challenges, buildability issues etc as well as attending key project milestone meetings with the client.
- Commercial responsibility working with a QS to ensure profit margins are maintained in coordination with the programme
- Providing technical guidance for works
You will have a proven track record of experience within the rail industry and exhibiting strong leadership skills in order for you to hit the ground running within this role.
- HND/HNC qualified
- A confident leader able to manage well established colleagues
- Experience on delivery of light rail metro projects is desirable whilst rail industry experience is essential
- Preferably from a Tier 1/Tier 2 background
£55,000 - £58,000 per annum
21 days holiday + bank holidays
Clear progression opportunities up to Contracts Manager within the 18 months project duration.
If you have a proved track record in the rail industry and are looking for your next opportunity in Manchester, then get in touch with Nicole Keeling now on 07894 235 609 or email your CV over to Nicole.email@example.com