P6 Planning engineer
£60,000 – £65,000 + company car or car allowance
Are you P6 Planner firmly in need of a new and exciting challenge within the rail industry? Or perhaps you are just looking for an esteemed company who drive their teams towards their maximum potential and success? This Tier 1 contractor have made their mark in the West Midlands and are seeking a well-established Planning engineer to join a prestigious project in Birmingham.
This position will be based on a multi-disciplined rail project which will involve a new station build, civils work, signalling, OLE, P-way, M&E and building works. You will be joining a company who are seeing massive growth within the West Midlands and following work on this project, you will see opportunities on various large scale works which will provide you with long term opportunities. Using Primavera P6 to drive the programme, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Updating the Detailed Design Programme (Pre-Construction Schedule) along with designers in assurance of providing a robust and realistic schedule that reflects the risk and opportunity that could impact key project milestones.
- Review and develop the preferred construction sequence considering project wide constraints to confirm the duration in the overall scheme schedule.
- Arrange, facilitate and provide output from client and supply chain collaborative planning sessions.
- Cost load the schedule and generate Earned Value Analysis from the cost loaded schedule.
- Update and analyse the schedule based on the effects of Compensation events or other events to the programme.
An internationally renowned contractor, this company’s name is recognisable throughout the engineering world, and they’re reputed for successful work on large scale civil engineering and construction projects. They value themselves on giving employees the highest standard of ongoing training and support, continually developing skills with regular performance and development reviews. This ensures that whatever level you join this business at, you can guarantee you’ll be on the right path to achieving your future career goals.
Renumeration and Benefits:
A fantastic benefits package is available consisting of £60,000 - £65,000 basic salary per annum, plus company car or car allowance, 25 days plus bank holiday, matched pension, and health insurance.
Additionally, you will receive development opportunities as part of an organisation who pride themselves on mentoring its employees to their maximum potentional, meaning you’ll consistently reap benefits of a long-term prosperous career.
If you are a technically minded Planner who excels on multi-disciplined projects within the rail industry and you come from a Site background, then keep reading!
As the region grows there will be opportunity to progress into a Lead Regional planner or Planning Manager role so this role will be a great way to catapult your career in Planning. To ensure you can hit the ground running as Planning engineer it’s essential that you will:
- Have vast experience using Primavera P6 across medium-large scale, multi-disciplined rail projects
- Display experience as a Planner in a main contractor environment
- Hold HND, HNC or BSc in Civil engineering
- Display technical understanding regarding buildability from your experience on site
You can either apply directly or email your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org. Following your application shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone / video interview.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation