Health and Safety Advisor – Rail
Midlands or South base, with travel around UK required
NEBOSH (level 3) & PTS card required
Up to £40,000 basic salary, Van & Fuel Card, Agile Working, 25 days Annual Leave, 3x basic salary Life Assurance, Green Emissions Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme plus many other perks and benefits.
Ganymede are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our team. The role can be based in either the Midlands or the South, but travel across the UK will be required. This is a pivotal position within our business, with this person responsible for the health, safety and welfare of our workforce in line with HASAWA requirements and its legislation. The successful candidate will be required to ensure the safe working of all our Sponsored Operatives carrying out their duties in line with Network Rail and Industry requirements.
The successful candidate will have experience within the rail sector and be accredited in NEBOSH (level 3 minimum) and Personal Track Safety.
Ganymede specialise in supplying large, trained workforces to undertake safety critical work across the infrastructure sector. Safety is at the heart of everything we do, alongside creating open and honest relationships with our clients. This enables us to deliver safe, reliable and efficient solutions exactly when it’s needed. The successful candidate will be an ambassador of this message, consistently and enthusiastically promoting the company’s safety initiatives, whilst delivering their workload to the highest of standards.
The Health and Safety Advisors duties will include, but not be limited to;
- To carry out Site Safety Inspections and Safety Tours on client and Ganymede worksites.
- Carry out Internal Office Premises Inspections
- To promote health and safety throughout the workforce and offer any advice where required and solve any issues that may arise.
- To act as a Safety Ambassador for Ganymede driving behavioural safety to reduce the companies and clients AFR
- Prepare and deliver safety briefings to the workforce including full participation of Ganymede Safety Moment Events.
- To carry out investigations into accidents, incidents and near misses. Carrying out interviews and taking statements from operatives involved.
- Promote the Ganymede Close Call campaign. Record monitor and action Close Calls submitted.
- Produce and brief out any site specific risk assessments to the workforce also deliver the companies induction where required.
- Attend HSEQ meetings and Managers meetings and prepare health and safety presentations where required for the Head of HSEQ.
- Attend any Client Health and Safety Meetings and deputise at meetings for the Head of HSEQ where required.
- Assist with procedures/processes for health and safety including health surveillance, fatigue, mental health, drugs & alcohol and competence.
- Promote the company’s health and safety initiatives, including campaigns through the Newsletter and social media.
- Act as a company Safety Ambassador promoting Safety First Safety always and the other company values.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, contact our Talent Manager, Rachael Bailey-Frost today.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation