Health & Safety Advisor
Up to £50,000 per annum
Looking for a role where you know you’ll have the ability to progress with support from the organisation? Then please read on!
We are working on behalf of our client that is a global organisation, and has divisions within a range of sectors, striving to provide cutting edge technology to the UK’s engineering sectors!
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll be an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor within the Rail Engineering / Rolling Stock sector, who will be a strong H&S champion within the depot environment. In this position you will act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Well-being function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in the pursuit of excellence.
About the role
Supporting the H&S Manager you will provide advice on legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental protection and coordinate the delivery of local plans for continual improvement in health, safety and environmental performance. You will be required to investigate incidents, evaluate and follow up to support continual improvement and champion the zero-harm principle and lead implementation of cultural initiatives to promote effective management of HSEW risk and to promote continual improvement. This role is also to develop and deliver briefings, and guidance material as required to inform stakeholders on HSEW matters and support development of a positive culture.
- NEBOSH General Cert
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent Qualification) Not essential
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Internal auditor qualification (environment, health and safety or quality)
- Track Safety / Passport competence relevant to role (PTS / ICI).
- Ideally have working knowledge of both rail and engineering interfaces and practices
- Relevant industry and professional experience with EHS
- Good understand of Quality processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Experience in accident investigation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Coaching & collaboration skills.
Salary up to £50,000 per annum DOE, 10% bonus, Matched pension to 10%, Flexible benefits, 26 days holiday + BH
Please submit your cv to Natasha.Higgins@ganymedesolutions.co.uk or by clicking the “Apply Now” button below, or if you’ll like to know more please call 0203 861 8414 or 07814 890 976