Ganymede are currently recruiting for safety focused, gas qualified individuals to join the industry regulating body as a Gas Inspector. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a business that is helping improve the safety of the gas industry.
The purpose of the role is to inspect, report and feedback on the gas safety standards of the registered businesses in your geographical area. You will be allocated a portfolio of registered businesses and provided a structure to ensure inspection reports are completed in line with service level agreements and timescales identified by customer complaint and risk.
- Basic salary £40,000 per annum
- 37.5 Hours Per Week.
- Car and Fuel Card provided
- 23 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays. Rising to 25 Days after 2-5 years’ service and 27 days over 5 years’ service.
- Company Pension
The Ideal Candidate
- Must hold valid CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, (MET1, DAH1, LAU1)
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Building Regulations, other related codes and normative documents, including ability to risk assess environments (including day to day use of ‘lone worker system’)
- Ideally hold relevant Auditor qualification (D32/A1) or equivalent.
- Regularly maintain technical knowledge and industry awareness through CPD.
- Appreciation of issues affecting gas, plumbing, electrical and H&V installation businesses.
- Ability to use tools and undertake any appropriate tests and checks during inspection work i.e. be physically fit to work on all types of gas meters, pipework and appliances low (on floor), medium (at kitchen cupboard heights) and higher levels (use of step and extendable ladders).
- Flexibility is essential together with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels. Using technical judgement in pressurised situations with customers and registered businesses.
- IT literate. Managing your own time and diary effectively and efficiently.
- Current driving licence for car (including extended driving periods to cover other geographical areas)
If you are interested in this role please apply below, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Charlie on 07583106527