Our Major Build Main Contractor client is looking to appoint an experienced Estimator to enhance the existing team working on Major Projects ranging from £20M to £80M primarily in the Commercial and BTR Scheme marketplace, so experience at this level is essential to the role and would suit a candidate from a
As an Estimator you will be expected to provide a detailed and accurate estimate of construction costs based on a project's designed information. This could be either in a competitive 'Single Stage' scenario or a single point negotiation. You will be required to work in conjunction with other members of the pre-construction team but will be responsible for producing the tender cost, reporting directly to the Estimating Manager.
- Proven track record of delivering in this role.
- Considerable industry experience.
- Successful in winning bids.
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales and deadlines.
- Methodical approach to work, with a keenness for detail.
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft Office software suite, with particular regard to Excel
- Proficient in the use of estimating software, currently Conquest.
- Proficient in the use of measurement software, currently Bluebeam.
- Good communication skills.
- Commercial lead on competitive and negotiated bids.
- Management of tender documentation.
- Compliance with Group Management Systems.
- Produce and manage subcontractor schedule.
- Instigate, monitor and manage bills of quantities production.
- Investigate, identify and present risks and opportunities.
- Undertake trade package analysis.
- Presentation of cost summary at tender settlement meeting.
- Completion of relevant sections of the submission - Form of Tender, Clarifications etc
- Successfully submitting a tender on time and to the satisfaction of the Directors
This is a key role for the business and will lead to progression in the future for the right candidate who will ultimately become the Estimating lead for the region and the salary and package are consumate to the quality of the candidate required to be successful.
If you have the relevent project type and value experience with a Main Contractor please forward your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07780 727077 for a confidential conversation for further information.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation