Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Management of Electrical Works
· Providing electrical advice to the O&M Manager
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Works Act and implementing
Safe Systems of Work
· Commitment of resources deployed to meet contractual requirements
· Responsible for the training in Electrical matters as necessary and appointing ‘Competent Person
Electrical’ CP within his staff
The principal duties will include:
· Undertaking Planned and reactive maintenance inspection of electrical works.
· Provide day to day support to the O&M Manager
· Investigate faults and problems and advise on all engineering and related matters
· Review/Investigate Works requests issued by Work Order Management System
· Raise as necessary Purchase Order Requisitions to Stores Supply and pass for approval prior to
· To prepare estimates and/or purchase requests for maintenance, repair and new works of Electrical
Plant and infrastructure
· Supervise and ensure all engineering works are managed financially within budget
· Ensuring satisfactory commissioning of all new electrical engineering services
· Implement the planned maintenance programme and prioritise any corrective actions.
· Participate in an emergency call out service to meet the operational needs of the Client.
· Accept Authorised Person responsibilities as required and respond to call outs in an emergency
· Undertake such other duties deemed necessary to supplement or balance the support services
· Participate in the Management of Health and Safety; in particular undertake inspections of sub-
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
· Technical - defined as holding an ONC or equivalent or higher qualifications in an appropriate
discipline together with relevant experience.
· Be trained to IEE 17th edition Wiring Regulations and/or hold a valid North American Electrical
· Must be qualified to carry out Electrical test and inspection
· Minimum of 5 years on site supervisory experience.
· Must be capable of obtaining NATO Secret (NS) Security Clearance from their National Security
· Holder of a clean, valid, driving licence.
· Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology.
· Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.
· Ideally hold an LV Electrical AP certificate.
· Experience of working with UK Health & Safety legislation including a proven track record of
identifying and understanding the actions required to resolve hazards and unsafe practices
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Ganymede specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.