Role: EIA Project Officer
As part of this role, the candidate should expect to carry out work in the following areas:
- Supporting Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team in delivery of aspects of projects in relation to Environmental Impact Assessments, and other related environmental assessments for infrastructure projects both for internal and external clients to ensure development is compliant with environmental regulations and legislation;
- Provide project support functions in the production of EIA Screening and Scoping Reports, Environmental Statements and other key technical aspects of EIA; Strategic Environment Assessments (SEA), planning application documentation and other environmental reports as may be for infrastructure projects;
- Provision of technical input to environmental assessment projects including data collection, analysis and assessment;
- Provision of GIS and mapping support to the EIA Team, using ArcGIS mapping software
- Assist in preparing consent applications including Town and Country Planning, Flood Risk Activity Permits, Ordinary Watercourse Consents etc;
- Work directly with internal and external technical specialists to deliver the requirements of particular projects or work areas;
- Assist in project management functions for the team including monitoring and recording hours on projects, preparing cost reports and invoices;
- Participate in public consultation as necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification in relevant environmental discipline
- Preferably a member of IEMA or similar professional body
- Good understanding of the principles and application of planning policies and environmental legislation
- Good written and verbal communication skills (including report writing)
- Proficient in using GIS, basic digitisation and map preparation skills.
Decision making areas
- Organise work programme and survey priorities.
- Representing HCC EIA Team at internal and external meetings
- Accurate and consistent EIA Reporting.
- While Covid-19 working conditions are in place, role involves primarily working remotely, with occasional trips to the Offices (Winchester). Potential for more office-based work once working restrictions are lifted.
- Communicating with clients, stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- Occasional site work
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
For more information on this Scheduler contract please contact email@example.com or call 07773034739.