Job Title: Deputy Contract Manager
Reports to: Contract Manager / Project Manager
Location: British Embassy Mogadishu, may be required to travel to other project locations on request of Project Manager.
Key Result Areas: Client and Customer Satisfaction in each Area and all aspects of Service delivery throughout the contract. Detailed, timely and accurate reporting.
- 4000-£4500 p/m
- Open-ended, rolling contract
- 3 weeks fully paid leave every 10 weeks (rotational leave required to be flexible to the project requirements and may need changing with little notice in emergencies)
- Flights, visa, accommodation, meals, laundry, uniform provided
- For circumstances outside of company's control travel may be restricted, this could lead to either extended periods of time on-site or not being able to deploy e.g. COVID-19, security risks. How this is treated will be managed on a case by case basis.
The Deputy Contract Manager is responsible for the management, delivery and performance of all services on the respective contract. Their responsibility will include; Management and delivery of the Hard FM and Vehicle Maintenance services, maintaining CAFM records and covering both the Contract Manager and the Maintenance Manager whilst they are on leave. They report to the Contract Manager and Project Manager who is based in the UK.
- Deputise for the Contract Manager during leave absences
- Providing Hard FM and engineering advice to the Contract Manger who is Soft FM background
- Deputise the Chief Engineer (Maintenance Manager) during leave absences
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the Hard FM and Vehicle Maintenance services
- Responsibility for working with subcontractors to develop quotes for New Work under the contract
- Responsible for oversight and management of New Work completed under the contract
- Good understanding and working knowledge of codes of practice, British Standards and good working practices across all Hard Facilities Management trade groups.
- Provide hands-on support of engineering tasks
- Client liaison through regular meetings and reporting
- Compliance with the Health and Safety at Works Act and corporate HSE policies
- Management of all sub-contractors working in support of the services
- Ensure all (UK) corporate and in-theatre policies are adhered to by all contract staff
- Investigate faults and problems and advise on contract service delivery and related matters
- Provide the in-theatre interface to (UK) corporate
- Understand all of the reporting & accounting processes for each department providing assurance of accuracy in reporting
- Support implementation of new CAFM system (Maximo)
- Ensure no duties are being delivered outside the Scope of work, unless authorised by the Project Manager.
- Provide a 24/7 Customer Focal Point service to manage the operational needs of the Client
- Prepare and provide routine and ad hoc management reports as required
- Participate in the Management of Health and Safety; in particular undertake regular inspections of Sites and sub-contractors
- Manage Expat and FN staff leave rotations ensuring all tasks are covered at all times
- Ensure compliance with corporate COBC and ethics policy including all FCPA and Bribery Act rules and regulations
- Demonstrate strong cultural awareness with the ability to manage a diverse workforce in an open and fair way
- Other tasks as designated by the Contract Manager and/or Project Manager in support of the contract
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Experienced in overall contract management and delivery including FM services with on-site interface with the Authorities representatives.
- Budget management experience including reporting on P&L including stock, petty cash etc.
- Have a proven track record in the management of a team in a busy and demanding environment.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have planning and organisational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK health and safety legislation and an ability to carry out risk assessments and propose actions for risk control/management.
- Must be confident to make decisions under pressure.
- Must have extensive and thorough understanding of British standards and safe systems of work.
- Hold F-Gas qualification
- 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and testing
- Excellent written and verbal English language sills
- Experienced and qualified in the application of PUWER regulations including carrying out statutory tests and inspections.
- Experienced and qualified in the application of LOLER regulations including carrying out statutory tests and inspections.
- Experienced in the maintenance, fault diagnosis and levels 1-3 servicing of automated generator installations to hold at manufactures qualification certificates for both Diesel engines and electronic control systems.
- Experience with Legionella – carrying out risk assessments etc.
- Previous experience of working in remote and hostile environments