£75,000 - £80,000 + Company car/car allowance
My client is one of the biggest principal contractors in the East Midlands and they are looking for a Contracts manager to join their team and head up work on their ever-growing rail portfolio, guaranteeing you a career rich with challenges and opportunity.
This position would suit a well-established Contracts manager who has vast experience across rail projects. You will find yourself working on a variety of multi-disciplinary rail projects, large and small, involving disciplines such as bridges, stations, platforms, embankments, enabling works, tunnels etc.
Day to day you will be responsible for the operational management of a package of civil engineering works which will include the financial monitoring and control of the schemes within the regional portfolio of works. As a senior lead for the region, you will have overall responsibility for:
- Client Liaison, interface and management including maintaining key relationships with client representatives involved with the Framework contract.
- Attending regular Client scheduled Framework progress meetings, design coordination meetings and commercial meetings.
- Programme planning and management.
- Commercial Planning – accountability for quality of work, maintenance of schedule, budget, and profit margins, etc.
- Monitor and control the project performance against budget, identification of changes in the scope of work and ensure that change orders are current and adequate.
- Oversee the preparation of early warning and change instruction documentation in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs, and forecasts jointly with the teams.
- Implement the risk management process.
- Review the CVRs monthly with the project teams in advance of the main CVR monthly review implementing necessary actions.
- Overall responsibility and management of all associated Safety, Health, Environment & Quality matters across the Framework.
It is essential that you’re an experienced Contracts Manager with a proven track record working on multi-disciplinary rail projects within a principal contractor environment. You will demonstrate clear understanding of all aspects of the contracting process, and technical construction requirements. To succeed within this position, you will be a natural leader who’s able to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of clients and internal stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- BSc / BEng in Civil engineering
- Chartered Member or affiliation to a relevant professional institution (e.g., ICE)
- Contractual experience with NEC or bespoke Network rail forms of contract.
£75,000 – £80,000 basic per annum
Company car or car allowance
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Private Medical Insurance
To ensure you don’t miss out on this opportunity, you can either apply directly or email your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org. Following your application, if you meet the expected requirements, you will be contacted for a casual assessment to discuss your goals and expectations. Then the best bit, when all parties establish that you’re an ideal match, we will get you booked in for interview with support provided every step of the way!
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Ganymede specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.