Contractors Engineering Manager
There is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced CEM to join a huge Tier 1 contractor and work on a major rail project. You will be part of an internationally recognised group who turned over £1 billion last year in the UK alone.
As CEM, you will be the most senior technical contact on the project (and on future allocated works) so you will have ultimate accountability and responsibility for Design to Construction functionality on this prestigious project.
Reporting into the Technical services Director and Project Director, your day to day general duties will involve:
- Working with various 3rd party designers and smaller specialist consultancies to manage the communication between consultancy and contractor whilst pushing them to hit deadlines and achieve results.
- Managing the designs at both Grip Stage 2 & 3 and Grip stage 5.
- Authorised Signatory for Construction on behalf of the contractor for Network Rail.
- Managing the Design constructability and alteration process from effective communication with the site team and contractors.
- Dealing with various disciplines (P-way, E&P, specialist depot equipment, M&E, OHLE, Signalling) as overall custodian of technical practices.
- Mentoring Engineers within the business, guiding less experienced Coordinators and Managers into CRE roles and Chartership.
- Incorporate Safety into Engineering practices using policies such as CDM.
- Actively promote processes like PALS behavioural safety and mental wellbeing throughout the department.
It is essential that you meet all the below criteria:
- CENG or BENG qualification
- You will come from a CEM background within a Tier 1 contractor
- You will have a substantial track record of main contractor experience
- You must have experience working on multidisciplinary rail projects
£75,000 - £80,000 basic salary per annum
Bonus scheme of up to 10%
Company car or car allowance
Funding of professional development and further ICE training or accreditations
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you are looking for an exciting project to work on and meet the above requirements, apply now or email your CV directly to Nicole Keeling at Nicole.email@example.com