My client is a Tier 1 leading contractor, with multiple functions of the business making them one of the most recognisable within the Infrastructure industry. Currently recruiting for a Commercial Assistant in the Bristol area, this department experience ranges from direct work to Network Rail, signature and design transport interchanges and building station refurbishments.
With a £multimillion turnover this is still a family run business who invest heavily in its employees and their careers. This is an exciting time for the Rail division with planned growth and expansion for the next three years, with targets already secured.
If you are looking to work for a rewarding company with a tremendous resource pool of knowledge to call upon, who invests in this career professional development for employees, this is the company for you!
Working closely with an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be part of a busy and vibrant team working on schedules of rates for up to 100 projects at any one time. These will range in value from £100’s to the £1,000’s. Day to day responsibilities include-:
• Managing and processing payments to sub-contractors
• Speaking with suppliers and sub-contractors to establish cost and inputting
• Processing contractor, labour and sub-contractor timesheets and factoring into cost
• General assistance of more senior teams, note taking etc
• Assisting in filling out commercial reports
To be successful in this role, my client is looking for candidates with the following attributes-:
• Enjoy working as part of a busy team
• Worked in a similar type role as a Commercial Assistant / Administrator with a construction environment (ideally high-volume projects like FM or Rail Maintenance but other backgrounds will be considered)
• Qualifications not essential (my client is happy to fund relevant courses to gain qualifications)
• Solid background in using Microsoft packages
TRAINING AND SUCCESSION
My client are a GOLD certified 'Investor in people' which is an extremely tough accreditation to obtain.
They are also keen on building their commercial team from bottom to top, a great example being the most recent Commercial Assistant who joined the business early this year is already working on a training programme to become an Assistant QS.
39 hours per week
25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday