Up to £55,000 per annum (depending on experience)
The business is currently expanding and growing at a fast pace and deliver to the civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance markets that are underpinned by a suite of framework contracts.
Our client has a clear corporate focus on the renewal and maintenance of key assets across rail, energy, environmental and infrastructure, including bridge replacement schemes, embankment stabilisations, earthworks, bridge repair, vegetation, and tunnels, both as large schemes and in a small works capacity.
- Check Tender Information for accuracy and raise potential areas of concern.
- Produce quantity take-offs from tender information/drawings using either traditional methods or Causeway/similar software.
- Regularly back-up/save work, in a secure manner, to ensure no data loss.
- Preparation, using agreed company format, of Sub-contract & Material inquiry documentation.
- Analysis of Sub-Contractors and merchant quotations
- Analysis of benchmark data from historic projects/norms against the first principles tender build ups.
- Discuss and agree resourcing and works outputs with Planner, Bid Manager and delivery team working on the tender.
- On occasions support the bid team by producing methodologies for works delivery to go with tender submissions.
- Attend internal Bid Team meetings as required.
- Work closely with the other functions in the department to develop and implement bid winning strategies from early in the tender process.
- Work closely with the tender team to ensure that the best possible tender is produced accurately.
- Liaise and work with the tender planner to ensure tender programme meets or exceeds the client’s programme/aspirations.
- Preparation of tender/price using “first principal” estimating process.
- Ensure all tender pricing is checked by at minimum the Senior Estimator/Estimating Manager or Bid Manager prior to tender settlement meetings taking place and likewise that any completed pricing documents are checked in the same way prior to tender submissions of any pricing documents.
- Liaising with Sub-contractors, suppliers and merchants.
- Participate in determining the level of risk associated with the project.
- Produce a clear & understandable tender book/pricing document for internal adjudication/settlement.
- Prepare submission for final commercial review by team with senior management.
- Assist in compiling Client Post Tender clarification responses in a timely manner.
- Handover to commercial team on successful bids.
- Input into the post tender analysis process.
- Provide support, mentoring & guidance to Estimators, Assistant Estimators and anyone else within the department who may require such support, mentoring & guidance.
You must be able to show our client your estimating experience throughout your application. As a result our client will consider candidates from other civils backgrounds such as water, highway and earthworks, but rail estimation experience would be seen as desirable.
- Car or Car allowance up to value of £5,100.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Health care package provided.
- Pension package with company contribution being 5%.
What are the next steps?
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role please forward your CV in the first instance with a covering letter to Jessica Jackson at Ganymede Solution Jessicafirstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the reference number 12095138WIGJJ.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please feel free to Contact Jessica on 07814 891201.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation