Core Responsibilities and Duties:-
General: Plans, manages and advises on, building and civil engineering works:
- Prepare estimates of cost.
- Prepare Option Studies.
- Conduct AOS inspections (PQC and Asphalt)
- Develop new works proposals.
- Conduct technical building inspections Theatre wide.
- Interpret design regulations.
- Undertake inspections including airfield pavement surveys.
- Use commercial software for design, planning and report writing.
- Advise on building and civil engineering problems.
- Brief staff on building and civil engineering matters.
- Recommend new works requirements to the client.
- Advise on construction health, safety and environmental matters.
- Supervise all site surveys and new works tasks.
- Attend and/or run Planning Meetings.
Specific: Assume sole design responsibility for building and civil engineering layouts.
- Assist in designing mechanical and electrical engineering elements.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents.
- Supervise design drawing production.
- Produce design drawings.
- Write specifications.
- Liaise with client, contractors and authorities.
- Produce bills of quantities, stores and materials lists.
- Estimate labour and equipment requirements.
- Plan for Health and Safety and notifiable CDM 2015 tasks.
- Liaise with mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Process new work requests.
- Check building and civil engineering designs.
- Control and update site records, as-built drawings, documents etc.
- Advise and liaise with project clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:-
The Technical Officer must be of a Technical status and have a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
Technical - Ideally holding ONC, HNC or equivalent qualifications in an appropriate discipline. Alternatively demonstrate a strong technical building & civil engineering background together with proven relevant experience.
Hold valid DE certification of relevant discipline
Hold a valid (3 day standard) First Aid certificate
Experience in interpreting client statement of requirements.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Ganymede specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.