Assistant Quantity Surveyor - £24k - £32k (plus car or car allowance)
“An exciting opportunity for a promising Assistant Quantity Surveyor to get on board with one of the most exciting rail contractors in the UK.”
About the Company
Since being acquired by their parent company in 2011, they have grown their annual turnover contribution from £75m to £300m, a company who are definitely on the rise! They specialise in rail, civil engineering, building, M&E, renewals, and maintenance with the likes of Network Rail, Canal & River Trust, London Underground, Environmental Agency, Magnox, and Highways England. Some other key points about the company include;
- They have a growing team of c.1100 permanent members of staff including 650 directly employed, multi-skilled operatives
- They are backed by a comprehensive workforce of 450 engineers, project managers and specialist support services staff – which minimizes exposure to subcontractors and ensures cogent delivery across design and implementation
- The business in underpinned by 36 separate framework agreements with 12 different customers
About the Role
Delivering over £180million last year, the main bulk of their work is in rail which is split into two distinct parts – Infrastructure Projects (bridge replacements and embankment stabilization) and Asset Management (earthworks, bridge repairs, vegetation, painting, and tunnels). As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be working within the Anglia Framework Delivery team, primarily dedicated to schemes within the local rail maintenance framework, but also providing support to other projects in the South East. You will be responsible for assisting the Commercial team and contributing to the profitable performance of the business unit, through the successful commercial and financial management of works, including day to day duties such as:
- Assisting the Quantity Surveyors / Senior Quantity Surveyors with the procurement function and the evaluation of Subcontractors, including subcontract management and payment
- Prepare interim valuations
- Prepare final accounts and change controls
- Prepare project reports
- Prepare project forecasts
- Assisting in the preparation of CVR’s
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor
- Rail experience would be ideal however they are willing to consider candidates from a civils infrastructure background such as highways or water etc.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying
So, what’s on offer? The company are paying the right candidate a salary of up to £32k depending on experience. Alongside this will be a company car or car allowance, 25 days holiday, westfield healthcare plan, 5% pension contribution and not to mention an opportunity to be mentored and progress into a fully-fledged Quantity Surveyor (and progress on from there).
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the position then please click apply or send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you are on the fence and want some more information please call me for a confidential chat on 01332 861818. The client are keen to get the right candidate started as soon as possible, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.