Assistant Project Manager
South Yorkshire (Manvers – S63 5DE)
Up to £36,000 laptop, mobile phone, pension, life assurance (x3 basic salary), 25 days annual leave (+ opportunity to buy additional days), agile working policy, green emission scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, individual and team incentives + many other benefits
Ganymede are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our growing projects team in 2022! Our Projects division launched in 2020 and has seen significant growth over the past 18 months. We offer a turnkey solution to packages of works including the full planning, management, engineering and delivery of a wide range of Civil Engineering and Permanent Way works. We work collaboratively with our clients to provide a complete end to end solution while keeping budget, programme and safe delivery in mind every step of the way.
The role of the Assistant Project Manager will be to work closely with our Head of Projects across the lifecycle of our projects, but with a specific focus on the commercials ensuring we are delivering works in an efficient and cost-effective way. You will be responsible for creating KPI dashboard reports on financials and tasks achieved, including regular visual media updates and tailored periodic reports.
The successful candidate will have good stakeholder management skills and be a confident communicator. Given the varied nature of the role, you will be heavily involved in all aspects of project management and will be an integral part of this growing team.
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management.
- Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery
- Knowledge and experience of project budget management
- Good evaluation and decision-making skills
- Project safety management and Health and Safety legislation knowledge
- Knowledge safety cases in support of projects
- Experience in the Rail Industry Sector (including Construction Design Management (CDM) on simple projects)
- Experience in risk identification, assessment and mitigation
- Flexible and pro-active approach
To find out more about this opportunity, contact our Talent Manager Rachael Bailey-Frost today.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation