Assistant Design Manager
Newcastle Upon Tyne
A huge Tier 1 contractor has a brilliant opportunity for somebody seeking to establish themselves in Design or an Assistant Design Manager looking for a career where they can climb the ladder. If you come from a Civil engineering background and want to work on a long-term large rail project, this is a prime opportunity for you.
You will be reporting into the Design Manager whilst providing technical input into buildability queries. Working alongside the Site teams and Design consultancy, you will be looking after the Engineering documentation, ensuring TQI’s are completed correctly and sorted, whilst also assisting with required design alterations. Day to day you will: -
- Deal with multi-disciplined systems, as well as traditional civil engineering. The scheme includes building, OHLE, P-way, S&T and specialist Depot M&E.
- You will be responsible for splitting the disciplines into different packages of designs and working on those on an individual level to ensure the programme deadlines are met and quality is maintained to the highest standard.
- You will work closely with the Design Manager, assisting with reviews and technical submissions to the Engineering Manager for sign off.
You could be a technically gifted Senior Engineer from a Site background who has previously assisted with Design Coordination duties, ideally from a railway civil engineering background, or you will be 3 years post grad working in a Design consultancy, looking to break into a Principle Contractor role – you must have had exposure to a multidisciplined environment.
- Railway Civil engineering background very desirable
- Must have 3-year minimum post Grad/HND experience
- HND or BEng Civil engineering
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Company car or Car allowance (Circa £5,000)
25 days holiday + BH
If the above sounds like the ideal opportunity for you to break into a design role with a Principal Contractor, then get in touch with Nicole Keeling now on 07894 235 609 or email you CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org